13th Annual Residential Conference Downloads 2010
SEN - What's New?
The 2010 conference, sponsored by Iansyst, was a great success again. Please click on the links below to download presentations from the keynote speakers and workshop presenters.
"The people and the opportunities provided for inspiration, reflection and reaffirmation"
"Friendly, intimate nature of the conference - it was lovely to meet Fil and Dominique and for it not to feel like a big corporate event"
"Once again, the conference was exceptional value for money. It was a great opportunity for networking and catching up with colleagues. I particularly appreciate the fact Learning Works focuses on the independent sector, so the speakers and workshops are directly relevant to our work. I can't wait for the next one. Thank you!"
Keynote: SEN - a new paradigm – Sally Goddard Blythe, The Institute for Neuro- Physiological Psychology
"Very Informative, inspiring speaker - very easy to listen to. I even bought her book!"
"Another fascinating insight into the difficulties children face. Thanks"
1. Observing and Identify physical readiness for learning - Sally Goddard Blythe
2. Inclusion - what's happening in state schools? - Chris Tomlinson, Principal Chafford Hundred Campus
3. Improving writing - Gill Mathews, Independent Consultant, and Author
SENCo Writing Corner:
Keynote: “Asperger's from a person not just a textbook”- Robyn Steward, Asperger's trainer and broadcaster
"Fantastic, what an amazing lady. Very refreshing and full of energy, I could have listened all over again. Some good insights as to how Asperger's impacts on life"
"Very memorable talk. Excellent way to remember characteristics of Asperger's syndrome"
"Outstanding! Hilarious and totally awe inspiring"
1. The Triad - Robyn Steward
2. A.R.R.O.W. Literacy and communications skills improvement - Dr Colin Lane, A.R.R.O.W. Tuition
3. Seeing and doing mathematics - Dr. Tandi Clausen-May, Independent consultant
5. Drawing and talking therapy - Maria and Cath Beagley, Drawing and Talking (Article by Maria & Cath from Special Magazine)
- Learning Works staff very welcoming and were willing and able to give us information and guide us into the right room at the right time.Able Gifted and Talented Conference
- The course was, as ever, fantastic! I have come back to school buzzing with ideas and one day in some are already being implemented.Annual SEND Residential Conference
- Fil shows such passion and enthusiasm for your subject. I felt today's presentation was wonderful. It was so relevant to our classroom.Dyscalculia & MLD Tour with Fil Came
- This is one of the best short courses I have attended in terms of meeting its stated aims and having material that accurately matches the course content.Teaching Children with SpLD
- I loved the course. Not a moment of it was wasted on me and I enjoyed the intensity.Managing the Role of the SENCo
- Excellent training which is tailored to the independent sector and the opportunity to meet colleagues doing the job of SENCo in different schools.Managing the Role of the SENCo
- I would have no hesitation in recommending the event to colleagues.Able Gifted and Talented Conference
- Glynis is an excellent lecturer. Her ability to convey the depth of her knowledge is superb.Teaching Children with SpLD
- I have never been on courses that are as well prepared and personalised to delegates needs as Fils. I am very impressed with Learning Works.SEN Policy Writing
- Truly inspirational - Tandi explains the maths topics so clearly and demonstrates everything with ease. Maths really does make sense when she teachesOvercoming Barriers to Learning in Maths
- It was really great to be given the time to actually discuss our assignments and be given immediate feedbackOvercoming Barriers to Learning in Maths
- I really enjoyed working with Learning Works - I've had six bookings from teachers at the event so I'm very happy! Brian Moses, Performance Poet at the 3rd English conferenceTeachers of English Conference
- It’s good to be on the receiving end of learning something new for a changeNational Dyscalculia & MLD Conference
- I would highly recommend this conference. The positivity and enthusiasm of those presenting and other delegates was great. I can’t wait to try out some of the new ideas with my students.National Dyscalculia & MLD Conference