15th Annual Residential Conference Downloads 2012
This year's conference, sponsored by iansyst, was a great success. Please click on the links below to download presentations from the keynote speakers and workshop presenters.
"Just want to say that the conference this weekend was THE BEST yet – and whilst this came at a frenetic time of the year it was the best therapy for my frazzled brain. Came away enthused...and am still enthused"
"The highlight of my year and I am never disappointed! Thank you for all that you do to make these events so successful"
"I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Great people, great resources, great venue. There was such an amazing atmosphere between everyone"
Day One: SEN Issues
Keynote: Effective Reading and Language Interventions – Dr Fiona Duff, York University
"Really interesting. Linked in with what we are already doing at school so added extra value to our ideas. Very appropriate at this time"
"Very informative, it would be interesting to take this one step further into a more secondary school focus, especially regarding access arrangements"
"Very good, clear presentation with practical, realistic ideas to use in school"
- Assessing Reading - Dr Fiona Duff, York University
- Helping Handwriting & Letter Formation - Julie Palmer, teacher and author of ‘The Write Path’
- Art Therapy in Education – Sue Morrow
- Visual Stress – Owen Leigh, Developmental & Behavioural Optometrist
SENCo Writing Corner:
5. SENCo Exchange 1: - Fil Came
6. SENCo Exchange 2: Where are we now? - Vanessa Lacey
Day Two: Speech Language and Communication
Keynote: Let's Talk About it - Jean Gross, former Communication Champion
"Excellent speaker who managed to condense a vast amount of material and experience into a lively presentation which held our attention"
"This was excellent ‐ gave much information and was presented so well"
"Inspirational and so clearly put across. Again, these ideas have already been shared"
- Developing a Whole-School Approach to Intervention - Jean Gross, Communication Champion
- Speech and Language Difficulties Assessment and Intervention – Cathy Shilling SLT, Independent Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Working with Senior Pupils – Sue McMakin, Speech Link
- Whole Class Approach to Improving Listening Skills (prep) – Liz Spooner and Jacqui Woodcock, Speech Therapists Worcester LA
- Language Counts in Maths – Steve Cooke, NALDIC speaker
- Learning Works staff very welcoming and were willing and able to give us information and guide us into the right room at the right time.Able Gifted and Talented Conference
- The course was, as ever, fantastic! I have come back to school buzzing with ideas and one day in some are already being implemented.Annual SEND Residential Conference
- Fil shows such passion and enthusiasm for your subject. I felt today's presentation was wonderful. It was so relevant to our classroom.Dyscalculia & MLD Tour with Fil Came
- This is one of the best short courses I have attended in terms of meeting its stated aims and having material that accurately matches the course content.Teaching Children with SpLD
- I loved the course. Not a moment of it was wasted on me and I enjoyed the intensity.Managing the Role of the SENCo
- Excellent training which is tailored to the independent sector and the opportunity to meet colleagues doing the job of SENCo in different schools.Managing the Role of the SENCo
- I would have no hesitation in recommending the event to colleagues.Able Gifted and Talented Conference
- Glynis is an excellent lecturer. Her ability to convey the depth of her knowledge is superb.Teaching Children with SpLD
- I have never been on courses that are as well prepared and personalised to delegates needs as Fils. I am very impressed with Learning Works.SEN Policy Writing
- Truly inspirational - Tandi explains the maths topics so clearly and demonstrates everything with ease. Maths really does make sense when she teachesOvercoming Barriers to Learning in Maths
- It was really great to be given the time to actually discuss our assignments and be given immediate feedbackOvercoming Barriers to Learning in Maths
- I really enjoyed working with Learning Works - I've had six bookings from teachers at the event so I'm very happy! Brian Moses, Performance Poet at the 3rd English conferenceTeachers of English Conference
- It’s good to be on the receiving end of learning something new for a changeNational Dyscalculia & MLD Conference
- I would highly recommend this conference. The positivity and enthusiasm of those presenting and other delegates was great. I can’t wait to try out some of the new ideas with my students.National Dyscalculia & MLD Conference